Representing Men and Women in All Aspects of Divorce and Family Law
Family law is a complex area covering some very difficult issues. When people consult family lawyers, they are experiencing the most difficult time in their lives as they face the impact that a divorce can have on their children, their property and their income.
The law firm of Hauer & Snover has been providing outstanding legal representation in all aspects of family law for over 40 years in Oakland County and throughout Michigan, including representing business owners, physicians, stay-at-home spouses, as well as entertainers and professional athletes in complex family law cases. While we always attempt to negotiate favorable settlements for our clients, our attorneys have significant trial experience and will not hesitate to take your case to trial if necessary to protect your interests.
Comprehensive Family Law Practice
Our Oakland County family law attorneys handle all matters related to divorce and family law, including:
- Divorce. Divorce is a difficult and challenging time in one's life. Our Oakland County family law attorneys will guide you through the process, preserving your rights and protecting your future.
- High-asset divorce. When highly valued assets or considerable income are factors in divorce, it is crucial to ensure that assets are properly valued, from valuing a family business or professional practice to valuing investments, retirement accounts and other property. We strive to protect your interests through the entire process.
- Valuation and analysis of business assets. Valuing businesses and other assets can be complex, as some people conceal money within a business to prevent their spouses from benefiting. We make sure that business valuation is conducted correctly and that our client's receive their "fair share."
- Protecting business during divorce. A business' name, reputation and goodwill are earned over time. When a principal member of the business is in the midst of divorce, it is important to ensure that the business' hard-earned reputation is not damaged through the legal battles that may ensue. Our attorneys assist in protecting the business and protecting our client's interests in the business.
- Hidden assets in divorce. When a divorce involves individuals of high net worth, particularly if there are business interests, spouses may have concerns about potentially concealed assets. At Hauer & Snover, we take great measures to uncover any hidden assets and ensure these assets are included in any property division agreement or court order.
- Child custody/support. Issues involving one's children are often contentious and emotionally charged. We are mindful of your concerns, your rights and the rights of your children, whether guiding you through initial child custody proceedings, addressing post-judgment issues or handling custody issues for unmarried parents.
- Relocations. When a parent seeks to move with a child, he or she may have to petition the court to do so. Our firm represents parents on either side of this issue.
- Paternity. Acknowledging paternity gives a father both rights and responsibilities. Our law firm helps an unmarried parent who wishes to obtain child support as well as an unmarried parent who seeks visitation with his child.
- Property distribution. Dividing what took a lifetime to obtain requires the use of experienced attorneys. Our highly skilled attorneys will work diligently to ensure that you obtain all that you are entitled.
- Alimony/spousal support. Alimony, also known as spousal support, can impact your present and future income forever. Tax considerations are typically involved in determining spousal support. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of spousal support.
- Domestic violence. Sadly, domestic violence is all too common in today's society. We help clients obtain protection when these issues arise. We also help those unjustly accused of such allegations.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. These agreements can make divorce less contentious. Our attorneys have significant experience with the drafting and litigation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements in Michigan.
Let the Knowledge and Experience of Our Birmingham Divorce Attorneys Work for You
We will do what it takes to achieve the results you deserve. Contact Hauer & Snover to learn more about our legal practice. Call our Birmingham and Oakland County-area law firm at 248-566-6780 or toll free at