Oakland County Relocations Lawyers

Michigan law requires custodial parents to obtain a court order to move a child more than 100 miles away from the other parent or to another state. At the Michigan law firm of Hauer & Snover, our attorneys represent parents who wish to move away as well as those who oppose these requests. Our knowledge on both sides of the equation allows us to fully understand what steps can be taken to best protect you and your child.

To get the answers you need, consult with our lawyers today. You may reach the law firm of Hauer & Snover by calling us at 248-258-0800 . You may also reach out to us online.

Issues in Relocation and the Conditions for Approval

Parents justify or oppose relocation requests with a variety of reasons, including:

  • Remarriage
  • New job in another state
  • Disruption in visitation schedule

A relocation, also known in Michigan as a change of domicile, may be approved by the court if certain conditions are met. These include:

  • Developing Parenting time schedules that are reasonable
  • Improvement in the life of the child as a result of the move
  • It is clear that the relocation is not being undertaken in an effort to obtain more alimony or child support or to retaliate against the other parent.

Court Hearings in Relocation Matters

The court may require a custody hearing to ensure that a proposed child relocation is in the best interests of all children involved. Our attorneys represent parents seeking to relocate as well as parents who oppose a proposed relocation. We will be at your side for every hearing, making a compelling case for protecting your rights and the best interests of your child.

Contact an Oakland County Lawyer — Helping Parents With Relocations

For more information about relocation/change of domicile, contact Hauer & Snover. Call our Detroit-area firm at 248-258-0800