The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover
Call us today to make an appointment
(248) 258-0800

Seeking a modification to an existing child custody agreement

Change may be a part of everyday life, and having a plan in place that covers every possible scenario can be challenging. For parents who have an existing child custody agreement in place, a change in circumstances could prompt a need to revisit the arrangement and request a modification. Since this can be complex, a parent could benefit from speaking with a family law attorney in Michigan for assistance in navigating the process.

A parent might have attempted to cover every aspect when negotiating the original child custody agreement. However, accounting for possible scenarios such as a future change in employment can be difficult at best. A similar change could also spark a need for relocation, which can disrupt one's ability to comply with the terms of the current arrangement.

In some cases, a modification to the current agreement may also be necessary if concerns for the child's safety are present, or if the change would be in his or her best interests. Should one parent continually violate or ignore the current agreement, the other may wish to pursue a modification. When a change in circumstances makes a modification necessary, parents may seek to reach a new arrangement through negotiations, but such matters can be highly contests, and seeking guidance is advisable.

While a change may be necessary, pursuing a modification to a child custody agreement can be a stressful and intimidating process. When facing a similar scenario, a parent could consult with a family law attorney for guidance on how to approach the situation. An attorney in Michigan can address the client's concerns and needs and assist in pursuing the necessary changes through the proper channels.

Source:, "5 Reasons to Request Child Custody Modification", Debrina Washington, Accessed on Dec. 21, 2017

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover

The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover
6905 Telegraph Road
Suite 350
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301

Telephone: 248-258-0800

Fax: 248-258-2750
Map & Directions

How Can We Help You?

Call us today to make an appointment: 248-258-0800 or

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy