Hauer Snover | Attorneys at Law

Call Us Today for A Consultation

Best Lawyers | Best Law Firms | U.S. News & World Report | 2023
Best Lawyers | Best Law Firms | U.S. News & World Report | 2023

Experienced and Trusted Family Law Attorneys

Who Can Help You With
All of Your Divorce and
Family Law Matters

Photo of Professionals at The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover
Super Lawyers
AAML | American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb | Top Attorney Divorce
Peer Reviewed | Leading Lawyers Network | Find a Better Lawyer, Faster
Listed in Best Lawyers | The World's Premier Guide

Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce

At The Law Firm of Hauer & Snover, we have a reputation for having strong advocates, dedicated to protecting clients’ rights in property division and child custody matters. We practice exclusively in family law and leverage our experience to help clients achieve timely resolutions to their issues.

Our firm is based in Oakland County and combines more than four decades of experience. We use innovative legal methods and our extensive knowledge to represent you. Schedule a consultation today by calling 248-258-0800.

There are some common questions our clients ask about divorce. Please note, every divorce is dependent upon individual circumstances. Our firm will provide you with tailored legal advice at your consultation.

How Long Does Divorce Take?

Every divorce is different. Instead of thinking of divorce as a single process, it is sometimes easier to think of it as a series of steps. You have to file, divide property, determine if alimony is needed and arrange for any children you have. If you have many assets, there are more extensive steps you may need to take. If there are no assets and your divorce is uncontested, the process may take as little as a few months, but the only way to really know is to speak with an attorney.

Will I Keep My House And Property?

Property division is complicated and highly subject to the court’s determination. While you may be able to keep your home in exchange for giving up other property, there is no guarantee. Michigan attempts to divide property fairly, but that does not mean an equal division. Our firm works with Michigan law and courts regularly to get you the best arrangement possible.

Do My Spouse And I Need To Establish Custody?

Yes. If you have children, a custody agreement is the best way to provide a stable environment for your children. This can be done through negotiation or by the court.

What Happens If I Get Remarried?

Remarriage may change your existing arrangements. Child support, custody agreements and spousal support can all change if you are remarried. To find out more, our attorneys can review your current agreements and your future circumstances.

How Do Businesses And Investments Change Divorce?

Business owners and individuals with high assets often struggle to properly evaluate their worth and finances. Moreover, often those finances are much more complicated than they initially believe. Our firm works with forensic accountants and other professionals to appropriately evaluate your property.